Deployment Architecture

Splunk package error

automagication
Engager

Whenever I package the splunk app, I get execute permission error because I have 744 permission for conf files but splunk expects it to be 644.

With 644 permission I cannot package the app, is there any workaround for the same.

Below is the screenshot of the error.

automagication_0-1714658217568.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

automagication
Engager

Even untar and tar with different permissions, will not let me package because the permissions are 644, there is no execute permission

0 Karma

automagication
Engager
0 Karma

automagication
Engager

No I use Linux ubuntu wsl on windows, I can set permissions correctly but the problem is with 644 permissions, I cant run slim package app-folder

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ubuntu on Windows is still Windows.  I had the same problem.  You have to use a real Linux box.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm guessing you're packaging the app on a Windows machine.  That will never work because Windows can't/won't set the file permissions correctly.  When I used to package on Windows, I would transfer the .tgz file to a Linux system, explode it, change the permissions, then re-tar it and transfer back to the Windows machine for uploading.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

automagication
Engager

I don't think this is the issue, I am  using linux

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...