Deployment Architecture

Splunk Upgrade using tar method

sanjubaba
Path Finder

How to upgrade Splunk enterprise version using tar method?

Can someone guide me through the steps or documentation?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Most of the time, I don't backup data unless customer insist to take backup and provides storage. but it's recommended to take backup of  $SPLUNK_HOME/etc in case you would like to revert to old version for any reason. In that case backup is required as there is no roll-back option in Splunk. 

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Most of the time, I don't backup data unless customer insist to take backup and provides storage. but it's recommended to take backup of  $SPLUNK_HOME/etc in case you would like to revert to old version for any reason. In that case backup is required as there is no roll-back option in Splunk. 

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

sanjubaba
Path Finder

@thambisetty How to rollback changes if we face any issue during Splunk version upgradation?

Can you share me the documentation for it?

0 Karma

sanjubaba
Path Finder

@richgalloway Do we need to backup Splunk bucket folder before we proceed with Splunk version upgrade? Or we can directly upgrade without taking backup of bucket folder?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...