Deployment Architecture

Splunk Deployment Server

rajdiddi

Hi

I am a newbee to SPLUNK and am not sure how to set up the Deployment Server, Could anyone guide me with it. Thanks

Rajeshwari

Tags (2)
0 Karma

spy3747

Can I configure Splunk deployment server on trail version.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The only thing that makes a DS a DS is the presence of a serverclass.conf file under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/. I like to manually edit it and place it in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local. Then just add to it manually from the CLI or from Settings -> Forwarder management. Also, configure other servers to point to it using a deploymentclient.conf file. This is a client-pull architecture, meaning that nothing is "pushed out", the clients "pull in" apps and changes to apps.

Ayn
Legend

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.2/Deploy/Aboutdeploymentserver

(that's the first result when entering "splunk deployment server" on Google. Do you require further info?)

manekar

Hi ,
Can you please give me the url to download the software for deployment server and configuration steps.
we have dedicated server for splunk deployment.
Thanks,

0 Karma

rajdiddi

Ayn,thanks for the training link, I dont see deployment server in admin training, could you mention which training covers that. Thanks

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

No. I really think the docs do a very good job of explaining the step-by-step process very clearly. If you have problems grasping the concepts, I suggest you take some Splunk training (see http://www.splunk.com/view/education/SP-CAAAAH9 ).

0 Karma

rajdiddi

Ayn Thanks for the link, I have read it but am not able to know where to start, could you please guide me. I can be reachable at , or please give me your number I will call you.

Rajeshwari

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...