Deployment Architecture

Is there a recommended method for removing deployment clients and apps on the deployment server?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

What is the recommended practice (via the gui) to remove clients from a serverclass on the deployment server? Same question for removing an app from the deployment server? If I try deleting a host from the serverclass clients via the gui, the deployment server doesn't like it. If I try just deleting the app from the deployment server filesystem, the deployment server stops working.

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Would you elaborate on "the deployment server doesn't like it" and "the deployment server stops working" so we can make sure there's not a larger issue at play? And if good customer feedback on the features we can direct that to the product team as well.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Interesting - you are saying via the gui. We normally do it on the server and it's very reliable.

We do the following -

• Remove deployment-app
  • Adjust serverclass.conf
  • /opt/splunk/bin/splunk reload deploy-server
0 Karma

a212830
Champion

Can you elaborate on adjust serverclass? Do you just delete the host from the serverclass via the gui? Or do you have people edit the actual file? The support staff is not very good at Unix, so I'm trying to avoid that access.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Right, sorry - we do it all on the Linux servers. In the serverclass.conf we remove the section of this specific deployment app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...