Deployment Architecture

Install Add-on for Unix and Linux

ymzhangco

I installed Splunk Add-on for Unix and linux on a single Splunk server environment for testing. However, each time I go to the App, it shows the set up page. I made the selection, clicked save button, and restart the Splunk. The result is the same, always show the setup page.

How do I turn off the setup page?

Thanks,

Tags (3)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Check permissions and check to be sure that the DS is not controlling that app and overwriting your changes.

0 Karma

kgderrekchapin
Path Finder

Check that the permissions/ownership of your Splunk directory are correct. I ran into a similar issue where Splunk was started as root user and when the new app was installed it was installed as the root user. Any changes that I made to that app while logged into the Splunk instance did not persist as it didn't have rights to write to the directory.

Thank you,
Derrek

0 Karma

ymzhangco

Thanks for the response. I checked the splunk process. It is run by splunk. However, I found an interesting owner/group issue for /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nix/local/inputs.conf. Each time I setup the app and save, splunk will write this file as splunk:user. What is file and/or this directory should be owned? splunk:user or splunk:splunk?

Thanks, appreciated.

0 Karma

kgderrekchapin
Path Finder

In my experience having it owned by splunk:splunk has given me the best results. However you should be good if that file has permissions of 750.

-Derrek

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...