Deployment Architecture

Indexing 20gb data

eholz1
Contributor

Hello Members,
We have a requirement to come up with a hardware solution for indexing a relatively small ammount of data.
20 GB per day. I seen considerable documention on the Splunk forum and site. Most infomation is oriented towards
larger amounts of data - I would assume that our disk subsystem run run an less that 800 IOPS.

For reference we would have less than 4 users so we could run a combined instance. Memory would be from 32GB to maybe 128GB, and we should have 8 to 12 cores and 64 bit > 2GHz.

(yes we could virtualize this deployment).

I am open for tips and suggestions,

Eholz1

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Splunk guidance is clear here. It doesn't really depend on data velocity: MINIMUM of 800 IOPS:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Capacity/Referencehardware

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Splunk guidance is clear here. It doesn't really depend on data velocity: MINIMUM of 800 IOPS:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Capacity/Referencehardware

0 Karma

eholz1
Contributor

Hello Woodcock,
Thanks for the link, I will check this out - the info on the link will be helpful.

eholz1

0 Karma

eholz1
Contributor

Hello Woodcock,
another good answer. thanks for replying,
I really appreciate the reponses

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

eholz1
Contributor

Exellent link - would like more guidance on disk subsystem for 20gb/per day data, IOPS, etc.
Thanks again

eholz1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...