Deployment Architecture

How to update custom JavaScript and CSS in a search head clustering environment?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I have an app that was created via "create app" on our search head cluster, and the customer wants to apply some custom css and js. How would I do that in an shc environment?

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

How did they create the app from a SHC member? I think I'm overlooking something but in my SHC that option is missing. Regardless, I think they can upload asset from the Edit Properties page of the app. That is the best bet for triggering the config sync but no promises. As @raghav2384 pointed out, the deployer is the best bet since in a SHC server side manual edits are not synced.

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

I have tried to create app from the SHC member in the past (Though it's easy compared to deploy it from Deployer, the problems it's going to bring later is not worth for creating from GUI) . A rolling restart is involved but pushing from deployer is your best bet.

Thanks,
Raghav

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...