Deployment Architecture

How to configure and deploy DB Connect in distributed environment using deployment server?

briandickinson

I am trying to configure DB Connect in a distributed environment using a deployment server. I have two non-pooled search heads, three indexers, one cluster master, and one deployment server. I installed the DB connect app on the deployment server and configured it with the java path (which is the same on all servers.) Then I copied the app folder into deployment apps and set it to be deployed to both search heads and the three indexers. When I log directly into the deployment server and check the app status the Java bridge is running. But, if I log onto the search heads or the indexers it just says 'loading' forever. What am I doing wrong when trying to configure in my environment?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, it isn't tested and probably won't work with Deployment Server. The state maintenance stuff will get clobbered.

0 Karma

Tarek1977
Path Finder

Hello splunkers. I have exaclty the same problem! Any News here?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...