Deployment Architecture

How can I check whether the data is being forwarded to indexer

pratapa
Explorer

How can I check whether the data from a server is being forwarded to indexer.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search for the data. Look for it in the index specified in the inputs.conf file as well as in your Last Chance index ("main" or whatever you've designated), if you have one.

Another way is to look in the internal logs. Search index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=per_source_thruput and look for series field values that match your source names.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

pratapa
Explorer

I am checking with the following search query whether the data is being forwarded to indexer from host1. But search query returned
No results found.

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=per_source_thruput host=host1

How should I troubleshoot from here.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Look in the internal index for tcpin_connection events from host1. index=_internal source=*splunkd.log host=host1 tcpin_connection.

If you find nothing there then data is not being forwarded. Check the forwarder's splunkd.log ($SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log) for possible reasons. Check your firewalls.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...