Deployment Architecture

Heavy forwarder - HttpClientRequest

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi ,

I am getting the following exception during the simple rest, exception is in the HttpClientRequest, I am using Splunk heavy forwarder 6.2.1.,

ERROR IntrospectionGenerator:resource_usage -  HttpClientRequest - Caught exception while parsing HTTP reply: Unexpected character while looking for value: '<'

In addition to that this happens during high traffic time frame. What would be the next steps.

Thanks,
V

V
Tags (2)
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Could you provide more details on what REST endpoint you're using and how you're invoking them? Do you get this error for all invocations OR just few during high traffic?

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Could you provide more details on what REST endpoint you're using and how you're invoking them? Do you get this error for all invocations OR just few during high traffic?

vasanthmss
Motivator

I'm using splunk default simple http receiver that configured in heavy forwarder. 3rd party post the data using the heavy forwarder url. 2 hour window they post the data using some scripts or something. I have got a lot of traffic coming in. Splunk couldn't handle the request

V
0 Karma

vasanthmss
Motivator

Thanks, by increasing the open file size the issue was fixed.

V
0 Karma

nls7010
Path Finder

Where did you increase the open file size?  Was it on the cluster master or on the client?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...