Deployment Architecture

Disable lightweight forwarding in 4.1 from command line

tepperso
Engager

I stupidly enabled Lightweight forwarding from the web interface and now I can't get the web interference to load. How can I Disable lightweight forwarding from Linux command line so that I can get things back to normal. I'm using 4.1 so the set server-type no longer works.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

CerielTjuh
Path Finder

In the app.conf file located in your etc\apps\SplunkLightForwarder\local folder adjust the settings to:

[install]
state = disabled

and then restart your Splunk instance, this will do the trick.

splunk disable app SplunkLightForwarder

will do the trick as well

View solution in original post

tepperso
Engager

I finally found the documentation for this feature for v4.1. http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.2/Admin/Enableforwardingandreceiving

./splunk disable app [SplunkForwarder|SplunkLightForwarder] -auth [username]:[password]

CerielTjuh
Path Finder

In the app.conf file located in your etc\apps\SplunkLightForwarder\local folder adjust the settings to:

[install]
state = disabled

and then restart your Splunk instance, this will do the trick.

splunk disable app SplunkLightForwarder

will do the trick as well

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...