Deployment Architecture

Deployment fail

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Receiving this error in splunkd.log. I can see the bundle file deployed. However I receive this error in splunkd.log.

scName=FWDR1, appName=inputsapp, fqname=/home/rickrob/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/inputsapp, event=install, status=failed, reason=Failed to install app : /home/rickrob/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/inputsapp. Cannot update application info: /nobody/inputsapp/app/install/state = enabled: Metadata could not be written: /nobody/inputsapp/app/install/state: { }, removable: yes

Changes in the file to be deployed in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/deployment-apps/local/inputs.conf are not being picked up .
Ive checked permissions .... any help appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Found it. Must have metadata folder in repository with default.meta and local.meta files.

scName=FWDR1, appName=testme, fqname=, event=download, status=ok, reason=

scName=FWDR1, appName=inputfwd, fqname=/home/rickrob/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/inputfwd, event=uninstall, status=ok, reason=

View solution in original post

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Found it. Must have metadata folder in repository with default.meta and local.meta files.

scName=FWDR1, appName=testme, fqname=, event=download, status=ok, reason=

scName=FWDR1, appName=inputfwd, fqname=/home/rickrob/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/inputfwd, event=uninstall, status=ok, reason=

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I manually created the app folders instead of building from an app template. The template created the local.meta file for me. I left out the meta file when I created manaully.

0 Karma

MHibbin
Influencer

Is there any reason for this?

I had a very similar problem which was fixed in with the same method. But others I have spoken to have not had this problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...