Deployment Architecture

Apps in a Cluster

adrianathome
Communicator

From what I read, it appears that search time and web components of apps do not work in a cluster. Are there plans to enable that soon?

Has anyone found any workarounds?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you enable replication clustering, every Splunk instance in the cluster must be either an indexer or a search head. (Or it's the cluster master.) So the components you're talking about must go on a search head.

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you enable replication clustering, every Splunk instance in the cluster must be either an indexer or a search head. (Or it's the cluster master.) So the components you're talking about must go on a search head.

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, that is correct.

adrianathome
Communicator

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.3/Indexer/Updatepeerconfigurations#Limitations_on_cl...

So is the limitation that the bundle does not apply to search heads and I would have to install/configure apps manually on search heads?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...