Contributor

Hi,

How Can I run two searchTemplate in a single form

I have a query which gets two variable : $first$ and $second$

Now $first$ is always ABC

but $second$ varies according to the country:

For INDIA: it has 5 values
For AUS : it has 5 values

So, I am clicking ABC and any of the one value of AUS then it is not working, because INDIA has been declared before AUS in the form..

it is not taking values for both INDIA and AUS

Please help

0 Karma

sbochniewicz
Path Finder

Here is a sample based on one of my dashboard forms. I hope this helps. Basically you just use the value of the input token as a variable in the second populating search.

<fieldset submitButton="true">
    <input type="dropdown" token="rmonth1">
      <label>Recent Report Month</label>
      <populatingSearch fieldForValue="report_month" fieldForLabel="report_month">
        <![CDATA[| savedsearch "AWS Bill - Monthly Latest Snapshot" | stats count by report_month]]>
      </populatingSearch>
    </input>
    <input type="dropdown" token="rmonth2">
      <label>Previous Comparison Report Month</label>
      <populatingSearch fieldForValue="report_month" fieldForLabel="report_month">
        <![CDATA[| savedsearch "AWS Bill - Monthly Latest Snapshot" | where report_month<"$rmonth1$" | stats count by report_month]]>
      </populatingSearch>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

Thanks @Ayn for standing up for the weekend but it is 2 years plus and I have this same question

I would like to use two form searches on the same dashboard. I tried puting them in seperet row's but that didn't work

I would like to have one form search at the top of the dashboard and another form search at the bottom with different form windows for each of the two 's

Can anyone help me and @abhayneilam with this problem?

If you can please post as an answer so @abhayneilam can review and select as an answer

0 Karma

sbochniewicz
Path Finder
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

It's saturday, I wouldn't expect many people to be around (in fact, I'm not really sure what I'm doing here either). Patience is a virtue.

0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

Can I expect some prompt answer to my problem ..
Your help would be highly appreciated

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...