Dashboards & Visualizations

set earliest from string

kennethyeung

i have a dashboard, in the click.value will have a string value (e.g 20182010)
and then below have another line chart, but how can i put the token to that search

e.g
index=test earliest=$token_date$

i think the $token_date need to use strptime to convert and then pass to search. but how?
Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sashraf

Instead of having earliest=$token_date$ in your search, replace it with the following subsearch:

[| makeresults | eval thisdate="$token_date$" | eval earliest=strptime(thisdate, "%Y%d%m") | fields + earliest]

So your example search would instead look like this:

index=test [| makeresults | eval thisdate="$token_date$" | eval earliest=strptime(thisdate, "%Y%d%m") | fields + earliest]

This is all assuming the date format you have is YYYYDDMM which would translate to 20th October 2018 with your example of 20182010. If the date format will be YYYYMMDD then use this instead:

index=test [| makeresults | eval thisdate="$token_date$" | eval earliest=strptime(thisdate, "%Y%m%d") | fields + earliest]
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Is it is table or chart that you are clicking to get 20182010 as click.value?

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @kennethyeung,

You can use strptime when you click on chart and set token_date. what is date format of 20182010?
Can you please share you sample dashboard xml?

kennethyeung

Thanks your suggestion, i should eval token instead of eval in the search
strftime(strptime($click.value$,"%Y%m%d"),"%m/%d/%Y:00:00:00")
and the in search

index=$tok_index$ earliest="$tok_date$"

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So, have you resolved your issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...