Dashboards & Visualizations

how to pass static dropdown value to a second static dropdown

guillecasco
Path Finder

i tried to do this with querys to populate each dropdown but i´m getting some errors. I just want to have this manually like this:

Dropdown 1
A
B
C

dropdown 2

if i choose A i just want to show on other dropdown: 123 and 234 (for example)
if i choose B i just want to show 345 and 123
if i choose C 123,234 and456...and so on

is there a way to do this manually? there are not so many values and i don´t mind adding them . Is there some kind of "eval" with dropdowns?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

@guillecasco,

An easier approach would be use a query to populate your second dropdown. The query for the second dropdown can use token value from the first drop down to filter appropriately.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Viz/tokens#Define_tokens_for_form_inputs

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

1) Create a lookup table, say dropdownvalues.csv, with two columns field1 field2 **choose good names if possible for both lookup and columns
dropdownvalues.csv

field1,field2
A,123
A,234
B,345
B,123
C,123.
C,234
C,456

2) Dropdown 1, use this query (assuming token name is field1)

| inputlookup dropdownvalues.csv | stats count by field1 | table field1

3) Dropdown 2, use this query

| inputlookup dropdownvalues.csv | search field1="$field1$"| stats count by field2 | table field2

guillecasco
Path Finder

thanks man, it was easier to get the values on the second drop box dynamically from a search.
Will implement you idea when i can´t do that.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

@guillecasco,

An easier approach would be use a query to populate your second dropdown. The query for the second dropdown can use token value from the first drop down to filter appropriately.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Viz/tokens#Define_tokens_for_form_inputs

guillecasco
Path Finder

thanks man!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...