Dashboards & Visualizations

how to pass static dropdown value to a second static dropdown

guillecasco
Path Finder

i tried to do this with querys to populate each dropdown but i´m getting some errors. I just want to have this manually like this:

Dropdown 1
A
B
C

dropdown 2

if i choose A i just want to show on other dropdown: 123 and 234 (for example)
if i choose B i just want to show 345 and 123
if i choose C 123,234 and456...and so on

is there a way to do this manually? there are not so many values and i don´t mind adding them . Is there some kind of "eval" with dropdowns?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

@guillecasco,

An easier approach would be use a query to populate your second dropdown. The query for the second dropdown can use token value from the first drop down to filter appropriately.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Viz/tokens#Define_tokens_for_form_inputs

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

1) Create a lookup table, say dropdownvalues.csv, with two columns field1 field2 **choose good names if possible for both lookup and columns
dropdownvalues.csv

field1,field2
A,123
A,234
B,345
B,123
C,123.
C,234
C,456

2) Dropdown 1, use this query (assuming token name is field1)

| inputlookup dropdownvalues.csv | stats count by field1 | table field1

3) Dropdown 2, use this query

| inputlookup dropdownvalues.csv | search field1="$field1$"| stats count by field2 | table field2

guillecasco
Path Finder

thanks man, it was easier to get the values on the second drop box dynamically from a search.
Will implement you idea when i can´t do that.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

@guillecasco,

An easier approach would be use a query to populate your second dropdown. The query for the second dropdown can use token value from the first drop down to filter appropriately.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Viz/tokens#Define_tokens_for_form_inputs

guillecasco
Path Finder

thanks man!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...