Dashboards & Visualizations

fetch host

Jasmine
Path Finder

what is the error in the below query which i am using to populate in drop down list

index=aaa(source="/var/log/testd.log") |stats count by host
| eval env=case(match(host, "*10qe*"), "Test",
match(host, "*10qe*"), "QA",
match(host, "*10qe*"), "Prod" )

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Jasmine ,

as @marnall said a space is missing between the index value and the source condition.

I suppose that the erro is that the argument of the match function in the eval command is a regex, so you don't need to use asterisk:

index=aaa (source="/var/log/testd.log") 
| stats count by host
| eval env=case(
   match(host, "10qe"), "Test",
   match(host, "10qe"), "QA",
   match(host, "10qe"), "Prod")

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Some potential problems with your query are:

1. index=aaa(source="/var/log/testd.log")
Does not have a space between the index and source filters

2. the match() functions in your eval env=case() part should have valid regexes in the second argument of the match function, as in match(<field>,<regex>). Try this:
| eval env=case(match(host, ".*10qe.*"), "Test",
match(host, ".*10qe.*"), "QA",
match(host, ".*10qe.*"), "Prod" )

ref: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SCS/current/SearchReference/ConditionalFunctions

0 Karma

Jasmine
Path Finder

host is same across all the env. i am facing issue when i bind the same value to drop down list saying "Duplicate values causing conflict". But i need dropdown list with TEST/QA/PROD(label) with same host value. - how can i achieve this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...

Edge Processor Scaling, Energy & Manufacturing Use Cases, and More New Articles on ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Get More Out of Your Security Practice With a SIEM

Get More Out of Your Security Practice With a SIEMWednesday, July 31, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ETREGISTER ...