Dashboards & Visualizations

fetch host

Jasmine
Path Finder

what is the error in the below query which i am using to populate in drop down list

index=aaa(source="/var/log/testd.log") |stats count by host
| eval env=case(match(host, "*10qe*"), "Test",
match(host, "*10qe*"), "QA",
match(host, "*10qe*"), "Prod" )

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Jasmine ,

as @marnall said a space is missing between the index value and the source condition.

I suppose that the erro is that the argument of the match function in the eval command is a regex, so you don't need to use asterisk:

index=aaa (source="/var/log/testd.log") 
| stats count by host
| eval env=case(
   match(host, "10qe"), "Test",
   match(host, "10qe"), "QA",
   match(host, "10qe"), "Prod")

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

marnall
Motivator

Some potential problems with your query are:

1. index=aaa(source="/var/log/testd.log")
Does not have a space between the index and source filters

2. the match() functions in your eval env=case() part should have valid regexes in the second argument of the match function, as in match(<field>,<regex>). Try this:
| eval env=case(match(host, ".*10qe.*"), "Test",
match(host, ".*10qe.*"), "QA",
match(host, ".*10qe.*"), "Prod" )

ref: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SCS/current/SearchReference/ConditionalFunctions

0 Karma

Jasmine
Path Finder

host is same across all the env. i am facing issue when i bind the same value to drop down list saying "Duplicate values causing conflict". But i need dropdown list with TEST/QA/PROD(label) with same host value. - how can i achieve this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...