Dashboards & Visualizations

event panel with fields discovery

mcbradford
Contributor

I would like to create a dashboard with multiple event panels. I would like each event panel to also include the panel that includes the fields? Is this possible. What I am really looking for is the view you get from the search view without the timeline.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Amazingly, this will only take a minute to do!

1. Go to Manager » User interface » Views
  2. Find the view named flashtimeline
  3. Clone it to a new view - call it searchview for example
  4. Click on searchview to edit it. Now you are looking at advanced XML
  5. Change the display name of the view, to avoid confusion later: near the beginning of the XML, find <label>Search</label>. Replace it with something else, like <label>Simple Search</label>
  6. Look for <module name="FlashTimeline" layoutPanel="graphArea">. Delete that line and the two following lines, which specify width and height.
  7. Delete one of the </module> lines at the bottom of the XML.
  8. Click Save.

This will give you exactly the search view without the timeline. Go back to the Search app and you will find "Simple Search" (or whatever you called it) under the Views menu.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...