Dashboards & Visualizations

escape/tab characters in xml dashboard

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I would like to add several tab characters in my html panel of xml dashboard to make my section more readable. It looks as follows:

<h1>What are the components (panels) of this dashboard?</h1>
<ul>
  <li>Currently Running Startup for host:       &#xA0;&#xA0;&#xA0;&#xA0; Running startup for the chosen host, refreshed each 2 min</li>
  <li>Last Startup for host:                    Runtimes of the startup phases for the last startup of the chosen host</li>
  <li>Average Startup Duration for host:        Average runtimes of the startup phases for the host</li>
  <li>Currently Running Startup Logs for host:  Progress of the startup logs, refreshed each 2 min</li>
</ul>

But repeating the

&#xA0

four times does not work, I get the tab escape only one single time.
How would I do this?

Kind REgards,
Kamil

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi

Try this also

<dashboard>
  <row>
    <html>
    <style>
      p.tab span {
        display: inline-block;
        min-width: 270px;
      }
    </style>
    <p class="tab"><span>&#8226; Currently Running Startup for host:</span>Running startup for the chosen host, refreshed each 2 min</p>
    <p class="tab"><span>&#8226; Last Startup for host:</span>Runtimes of the startup phases for the last startup of the chosen host</p>
    <p class="tab"><span>&#8226; Average Startup Duration for host:</span>Average runtimes of the startup phases for the host</p>
    <p class="tab"><span>&#8226; Currently Running Startup Logs for host:</span>Progress of the startup logs, refreshed each 2 min</p>
 </html>
  </row>
</dashboard>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi

Try this also

<dashboard>
  <row>
    <html>
    <style>
      p.tab span {
      }
    </style>
    <p class="tab"><span>&#8226; Currently Running Startup for host:</span>Running startup for the chosen host, refreshed each 2 min</p>
    <p class="tab"><span>&#8226; Last Startup for host:</span>Runtimes of the startup phases for the last startup of the chosen host</p>
    <p class="tab"><span>&#8226; Average Startup Duration for host:</span>Average runtimes of the startup phases for the host</p>
    <p class="tab"><span>&#8226; Currently Running Startup Logs for host:</span>Progress of the startup logs, refreshed each 2 min</p>
 </html>
  </row>
</dashboard>
0 Karma

damucka
Builder

Thank you.
I like this solution, however I would have additional question:
The span looks fine, but what also changed is the line spacing, as if it would be double. This is btw same for the table solution.
Is there any way to keep the previous / single line spacing?

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi

Try this

<dashboard>
  <row>
    <html>
    <style>
      p.tab span {

}
      p{
        margin-bottom :0px;
      }
    </style>
 </html>
  </row>
</dashboard>
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @damucka,

Use table element. It'll be easy to format.

<html>
   <style>
      table {
      style="width:100%"
      }
      th, td {
      padding: 5px;
      text-align: left;    
      }
   </style>
   <table>
      <tr>
         <td>Currently Running Startup for host:</td>
         <td>Running startup for the chosen host, refreshed each 2 min</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
         <td>Last Startup for host:</td>
         <td>Runtimes of the startup phases for the last startup of the chosen host</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
         <td>Average Startup Duration for host:</td>
         <td>Average runtimes of the startup phases for the host</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
         <td>Currently Running Startup Logs for host:</td>
         <td>Progress of the startup logs, refreshed each 2 min</td>
      </tr>
   </table>
</html>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...