Dashboards & Visualizations

dynamic query for dropddown

guillecasco
Path Finder

I have a Query from 1 index that brings a list of some ID (about 300) they have dedup comand so that it brings me unique values. simple query like this

index= index1 |table partnerId|dedup partnerId

partnerID
aaaa
ssss
ffff
hkfk

I exported table to Excel and check that no value was duplicated.
But when i create a dropdown (so i can filter some results by this ID) to include it in a dashboard, and i put that Query it says: "Duplicate values causing conflict". what can it be causing this? As i said, i exported results in excel and no duplicated value was found (excel usually matches value wheter they are upper or lowercase).
Maybe the list of values is too long ? I don´t know what else to think.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ryanoconnor
Builder

Two things you might want to check:

Are you sure you're setting the correct "Field for Value" and "Field for Label"?

Also are you sure that you don't have any "Static Options" set that might be conflicting with the dynamically populating values?

View solution in original post

thilleso
Path Finder

Try reversing the order of the table and dedup command index=index1 | dedup partnerId | table partnerId

Might be that Splunk ignores the dedup once you've listed the results with table.

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

Two things you might want to check:

Are you sure you're setting the correct "Field for Value" and "Field for Label"?

Also are you sure that you don't have any "Static Options" set that might be conflicting with the dynamically populating values?

guillecasco
Path Finder

That was it The field for label had a space when y pasted it...hehe thanks man

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...