Dashboards & Visualizations

custom viz formatter.html div.hlp-block

RngFox
Explorer

Hi,

I am writing a custom visual and stumbled across some new "feature" that is added to the format options.
There is this new div-container added. It writes under all options "undefined".
Easiest way might be to just hide all div.help-block with css, but the might have a meaning after all.
How can i address it in the formatter.html to fill some usefull information?

part from formatter.html:
alt text

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

danspav
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @RngFox,

I had the same problem with my own apps. It looks like from around Splunk 7.3-ish the word "undefined" appeared under all the fields in the visualization options menu.

The work-around is to provide help, or a single space character, so that there is a value to display within the splunk-control-group tag:

To show nothing (removing 'undefined'):

<splunk-control-group label="Mode" help=" ">

To show a helpful message:

<splunk-control-group label="Mode" help="Select the mode">

See the Formatter API reference.

Updating your formatter.html to include this attribute on all tags will remove the annoying 'undefined' message.

Cheers
Daniel

View solution in original post

danspav
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @RngFox,

I had the same problem with my own apps. It looks like from around Splunk 7.3-ish the word "undefined" appeared under all the fields in the visualization options menu.

The work-around is to provide help, or a single space character, so that there is a value to display within the splunk-control-group tag:

To show nothing (removing 'undefined'):

<splunk-control-group label="Mode" help=" ">

To show a helpful message:

<splunk-control-group label="Mode" help="Select the mode">

See the Formatter API reference.

Updating your formatter.html to include this attribute on all tags will remove the annoying 'undefined' message.

Cheers
Daniel

RngFox
Explorer

Thanks for figuring out! 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...