Dashboards & Visualizations

compund StaticSelect

fk319
Builder

I am using a StaticSelect that presents a list of items.

My list has grown to large to be in one drop down, so I would like to create a list that when an item is slected it presents another list that I can select an item from.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

southeringtonp
Motivator

Should be doable. For your second dropdown, use a SearchSelectLister instead of a StaticSelect, and put your allowed choices in a lookup table.

Set the search for your StaticSelectLister to |inputlookup dropdown_options | search $xxx$, where the $xxx gets filled in based on the first selection.

View solution in original post

southeringtonp
Motivator

Should be doable. For your second dropdown, use a SearchSelectLister instead of a StaticSelect, and put your allowed choices in a lookup table.

Set the search for your StaticSelectLister to |inputlookup dropdown_options | search $xxx$, where the $xxx gets filled in based on the first selection.

fk319
Builder

That solves another question I have, but I dont follow how a single table can build compound dropdown list.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...