Dashboards & Visualizations

changing a parameter in multiple charts for a dashboard

habisht
Explorer

Hi All, I'm trying to create a dashboard with multiple charts in a dashboard. And want to change a single parameter i.e. environment in all the charts with a common drop-down. Is there any way to do this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@habisht this should be straight-forward depending on the field which corresponds to environment using token through Dropdown. For example if environment is linked to index or sourcetype in your data (or both), then you can create a dropdown following the guideline from Splunk Documentation (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/FormEditor#Dropdown_input) or Splunk Dashboard Examples App from Splunkbase.

While the Label in the dropdown will show the Label as selected environment, its Value will be the part of SPL (Splunk Query) that needs to change.

Following is an example of dropdown with token $tokEnvironment$ which sets the corresponding environment filter in the SPL (I have taken index to be different for different environment but same sourcetype).

<input type="dropdown" token="tokEnvironment">
   <label>Select Environment</label>
   <default>index=yourDevIndex sourcetype=yourSourceType</default>
   <choice value="index=yourDevIndex sourcetype=yourSourceType">Development</choice>
   <choice value="index=yourStageIndex sourcetype=yourSourceType">Staging</choice>
   <choice value="index=yourProdIndex sourcetype=yourSourceType">Production</choice>
</input>

Then use $tokEnvironment$ in your SPL query

<search>
    <query> $tokEnvironment$ <yourRemainingQueryGoesHere>
    </query>
</search>

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...