Dashboards & Visualizations

Visualization From Windows Universal Forwarder- What is this message?

pmacdonald
Explorer

I am getting the following message when I switch to the Visualization tab after a search:

"Your search isn't generating any statistic or visualization results. Here are some possible ways to get results."

This is coming from a universal forwarder installed on a Windows server. I was trying to graph the network interface stats. I know I am missing something to allow me to do this.

SPLUNKScreenshot.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That message is saying your data is not in a format suitable for graphing.  To create a graph you must have numeric data in a relationship to one or more other fields (usually also numeric) in the same event.  For example, you may want to see the number of bytes transferred during the day.

index=foo host=bar source="Perfmon:Network Interface"
| timechart span=1h sum(Value) as Bytes by counter
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...