Dashboards & Visualizations

Time filter issue when executing drilldown on a timechart dashboard

aniello_cerrato
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a problem to execute a drilldown on a timechart dashboard.

This is the search for my source dashboard:

source="SDC_GUI_DEN_ER_V" | timechart span=1d count

I have to click on the date (format date 2017-06-30) and open a new dashboard filtered on this date:

I have tried in the following way but it isn't working. On source and destination dashboard there is a filter on the time:

<link>
        <![CDATA[
        /app/search/eccezioni_giornaliere_dett?earliest=$click.value$&latest=$click.value$
        ]]>
      </link>
    </drilldown>

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Nello

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the events you are seeking have anything other than the date in their _time field, you really are going to need to do some calculation on that date. The epoch value of a date is the first moment in that day. Add 86399, possibly plus .999, to get the last moment in that day.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@aniello_cerrato, if you want to pass on the earliest and latest time stamp for selected span from timechart, can you tried the following?

<link>
     <![CDATA[
     /app/search/eccezioni_giornaliere_dett?earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$
     ]]>
   </link>

Or one without CDATA and & escaped as &amp;

<drilldown>
      <link target="_blank">/app/search/eccezioni_giornaliere_dett??earliest=$earliest$&amp;latest=$latest$</link>
    </drilldown>

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...