Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk implements Graphite?

tpaulsen
Contributor

Has someone ever tried to implements Graphs or at least data from Graphite into a Splunk Dashboard? How can we do that? We would like to compare a Splunk timechart with a Graphite Graph on the same Dashboard. And we don´t want to import the data from graphite into Splunk, just use Splunk as a Dashboard.

Many thanks, Thomas

groland
Explorer

Another really good app for this: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2664/

0 Karma

ampledata
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here's an app for getting Splunk data back out into Graphite: https://github.com/OnBeep/splunk_graphite

halr9000
Motivator

You could do this with the Splunk 6 web framework. Create a dashboard, convert it to HTML, and then do whatever you want to in the HTML to integrate your Graphite stuff. I don't have any experience with Graphite to explain that part.

And if you do want to take data that you are already sending to Carbon/Graphite, but send it to Splunk instead, it's trivial to read the same data format in Splunk. I wrote a blog post on the topic which explains the steps, which you'll see are pretty simple.

bbhandari012
Explorer

I installed collectd on the client machine which already has the splunk forwarder running on it.
LoadPlugin write_graphite

Host "52.32.76.219"  #indexer ip
Port 10001
 Protocol "tcp"
 LogSendErrors true
 Prefix "collectd"
 Postfix "collectd"

and on the indexer, i allowed the port 10001.
/opt/splunk/bin/splunk enable listen 10001 -auth admin:*******
But i am not getting the results from the client machine. Also, client shows the following error
collectd[21107]: write_graphite plugin: send to 52.32.76.219:10001 (tcp) failed with status -1 (Broken pipe).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...