Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk custom visualization

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

In Splunk, is a custom visualization  just any visualization modified by the user, or is it a visualization that specifically makes use of the Splunk Custom Visualization API?????

I am confused 😞

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If by "modified" you mean you used the "Format" menu in the visualization tab to adjust settings then no that is not a custom visualization.

If you downloaded it from splunkbase or created it from scratch using Splunk's dev tools then it is custom.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In Splunk, a custom visualization is a graph or chart format built by someone other than Splunk.  IOW, if the chart type is available out-of-the-box then it's not a custom visualization; if you got it from splunkbase then it is.

See dev.splunk.com for how to build your own custom visualization.

---

POR160893
Builder

So, in other words, a visualization modified by a user is a custom viusalization?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If by "modified" you mean you used the "Format" menu in the visualization tab to adjust settings then no that is not a custom visualization.

If you downloaded it from splunkbase or created it from scratch using Splunk's dev tools then it is custom.

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...