Dashboards & Visualizations

After creating a custom visualization, why am I getting error "Failed to load source for Radial Meter visualization" in Splunk Web?

Julieda
Explorer

Hi!

I have followed the steps for creating a customized visualization (see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial ), but when I am testing the visualization in Splunk Web I get the following error:

Failed to load source for Radial Meter visualization.

The problem is probably because running npm run build (see step 1 beneath "Rebuild the visualization") does not generate visualization.js. Does anybody have any thoughts on why this is not working?

Julie

0 Karma
1 Solution

timpopxpop
Engager

I cleared my browser cache (Chrome) to fix this question. Try ctrl-shift-r (command-shift-r on mac) or open the page in incognito mode to see if that fixes the problem.

View solution in original post

timpopxpop
Engager

I cleared my browser cache (Chrome) to fix this question. Try ctrl-shift-r (command-shift-r on mac) or open the page in incognito mode to see if that fixes the problem.

gddubose
Engager

Lifesaver! I thought I was going crazy for a second after doing some lookups,

-Much Appreciated

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi Julieda,

What version of splunk are you using?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...