Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Display

VMuller
Observer

Hi 

Is it possible to have 1 x PC and 4 times monitors with different data displayed on each monitor.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

tcdbruijn
Engager

I deleted my previous comment, I did not read that the technical solution here was an HDMI splitter. Actually this has nothing to do with Splunk, the question is can your computer using that splitter send 4 video signals. If no, it will not work, otherwise it will and you just need to send 4 browser screens. Depending on your requirements and professional the setup must be, and what is possible for your usecase, I would rather look at virtualization options, or advanced video equipment (hardware on-prem).

0 Karma

VMuller
Observer

Thank You

0 Karma

veddersg
Explorer

@ITWhisperer is correct. You need a dedicated video output for each unique screen being displayed. Depending on the system, you may be able to add a DisplayLink adapter through USB to get the additional screens you are looking for. You will need a compatible operating system as well as enough horsepower on the PC to drive the displays.

0 Karma

VMuller
Observer

Thank You

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on your PC and whether it can handle 4 video outputs.

0 Karma

VMuller
Observer

we will be using a HDMI Splitter or if this is not a solution the 2 x HDMI ports on the pc.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Doesn't a HDMI splitter merely replicate the display whereas you stated you wanted different displays on each screen? Essentially, the PC needs to be able to address each screen separately, any splitting/duplication happening outside the PC would be unknown to the PC (I think).

0 Karma

VMuller
Observer

I think so too, Thanks for your Answers

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...