Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Dashboard Studio PDF Export Background on Canvas Missing

zward
Path Finder

Hello,

I am having an issue where dashboard studio has ceased to export background images (loaded on to the canvas) with PDF and PNG download.  When I download reports (via the download link in the upper right corner) in PDF/PNG format the canvas background image is gone and only the background color of the dashboard that is set exports out.  I am currently using a canvas background image and it is gone on the export of every dashboard -- this is quite problematic.  Does anyone have a solution on how to fix this?

Thank you.

Edit:  I figured this may be a KVStore linking issue, so I uploaded the image to the server and linked to it rather than uploading it.  The PDF export still does not contain the canvas background image.

I also thought this may be a size limitation, however the file is around 1MB in size total.  This appears to not be the case also.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @zward if you're using Dashboard Studio and your image is uploaded to the kv-store, it should be exporting, so it sounds like a bug. Could you open a support case? 

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

Can you send over what version of Splunk you are running? Can you also confirm this is Dashboard Studio and not Splunk Enterprise Dashboards Beta? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Forwarders and Forced Time Based Load Balancing

Splunk customers use universal forwarders to collect and send data to Splunk. A universal forwarder can send ...

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...