Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Dashboard Studio PDF Export Background on Canvas Missing

zward
Path Finder

Hello,

I am having an issue where dashboard studio has ceased to export background images (loaded on to the canvas) with PDF and PNG download.  When I download reports (via the download link in the upper right corner) in PDF/PNG format the canvas background image is gone and only the background color of the dashboard that is set exports out.  I am currently using a canvas background image and it is gone on the export of every dashboard -- this is quite problematic.  Does anyone have a solution on how to fix this?

Thank you.

Edit:  I figured this may be a KVStore linking issue, so I uploaded the image to the server and linked to it rather than uploading it.  The PDF export still does not contain the canvas background image.

I also thought this may be a size limitation, however the file is around 1MB in size total.  This appears to not be the case also.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @zward if you're using Dashboard Studio and your image is uploaded to the kv-store, it should be exporting, so it sounds like a bug. Could you open a support case? 

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

Can you send over what version of Splunk you are running? Can you also confirm this is Dashboard Studio and not Splunk Enterprise Dashboards Beta? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...