Dashboards & Visualizations

Single Value Button Question

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey,

With single value buttons, I know that you can have red, green and amber colours as standard.

How would I be able to define my own colours (purple, orange etc) for this object? E.g. I want the colour of my single value button to turn purple when a certain value range is reached.

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

You need to define a CSS class for this. Best way to do this is to create a application.css file in the app of your dashboard.

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<APP>/appserver/static/application.css

Here are some sample CSS rules:

.SingleValue .purple { background-color: purple; color: white; }
.SingleValue .darkred { background-color: #CC0000; color: #FFFFFF; }

These same rules define 2 classes (purple and darkred) that can be used to color the single value element.

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

You need to define a CSS class for this. Best way to do this is to create a application.css file in the app of your dashboard.

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<APP>/appserver/static/application.css

Here are some sample CSS rules:

.SingleValue .purple { background-color: purple; color: white; }
.SingleValue .darkred { background-color: #CC0000; color: #FFFFFF; }

These same rules define 2 classes (purple and darkred) that can be used to color the single value element.

Ant1D
Motivator

Thanks again Ziegfried

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...