Dashboards & Visualizations

Search is waiting for input problem

brutecat
Path Finder

I have what seems to be some sort of licensing problem that really has me fooled. I am using the free license. For a period of one month, I have an eval license which enabled me to assess additional features. When this expired I went back to the Free version, but I can no long report on any dashboards. I can log in and see no warnings, but any charts I have simply display:

"Search is waiting for input.."

Anyone else seen this?

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

brutecat
Path Finder

esix_splunk,

Thanks. I am not using any of the features above Splunk Free, so I don't see why I should be blocked from reporting on data.

Regards

0 Karma

Arun_N_007
Communicator

May be tokens are not replaced in the query.

Check once.

0 Karma

brutecat
Path Finder

When I had the evaluation license, everything was fine. As soon as this license expired and I reset to 'FREE', the charts no longer worked.

0 Karma

laserval
Communicator

Is it? What feature would be disabled in this case?

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

brutecat
Path Finder

esix_splunk,

Thanks again. I can't anywhere where it says that I can't create a dashboard with charts in Splunk FREE. This is the only facility I am using.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...