Dashboards & Visualizations

Rename dropdown fields

nebel
Communicator

Hi there,

I am populating a drop down menu with a lookup file. The lookup file contains the sourcetype and a simple translation into better words. To goal is to make it simple for user who don't know the sourcetypes. The just choose the "easy word" and in the background the sourcetype is the token for the searches.

In my lookup file there are both values, means the sourcetype and the "easy words".
How can I populate the drop down with the "easy words" but in the background I can give the search the sourcetype?

<fieldset>
      <input type="dropdown" token="sourcetype" searchWhenChanged="true">
          <label>Select OS</label>
          <default>localhost</default>
          <populatingSearch fieldForValue="sourcetype" fieldForLabel="sourcetype">| inputlookup translation | table sourcetype</populatingSearch>
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Change your populating search to

<populatingSearch fieldForValue="sourcetype" fieldForLabel="XYZ">| inputlookup translation | table sourcetype XYZ</populatingSearch>

Replace XYZ with the name of the field in the lookup table that contains the "easy words."

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Change your populating search to

<populatingSearch fieldForValue="sourcetype" fieldForLabel="XYZ">| inputlookup translation | table sourcetype XYZ</populatingSearch>

Replace XYZ with the name of the field in the lookup table that contains the "easy words."

0 Karma

nebel
Communicator

thank you very much 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...