Dashboards & Visualizations

Removing "custom time range" from TimeRangePicker

jtosborne79
Engager

Hello,

I am creating an customized times.conf file for an app that we use. I am able to remove all of the time menus by using the disabled = true statement in each of the stanzas. I am unable to remove the custom time range menu. Also, I do not see a custom_time_range stanza in the times.conf file. Does any one know the best way to remove this menu item from the TimeRangePicker ?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jguarini
Path Finder

you can use css

for example have this in the app/appserver/static/application.css

li.customDateItem{
display:none;
}

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

I have done the same thing but It is not working. Is there any alternative for this.

0 Karma

RVDowning
Contributor

I still have a copy of times.conf, but created directory appname/appserver/static and copied over application.css, removed all content and added li.customDateItem{display:none;}, restarted Splunk but see no difference.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It doesn't seem to be an option.
Your user will always be able to specify the timerange in the search.

If you want to prevent it, you have to define time limitations on their roles.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...