Dashboards & Visualizations

Remove x button from dropdown in Simple XML

dlstafford

Anyone know how I can remove the X (clear) button from my dropdowns using simple XML? I found something related in the dev documentation at http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-htmldashboards/SP-CAAAETT but can't work out how to apply this to a Simple XML dropdown.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

achaetes
Engager

In the Simple XML Reference for the input type dropdown, there's a showClearButton child element listed. For example:

<input type="dropdown" token="sourcetype_tok">
  <showClearButton>false</showClearButton>
  <label>Select a source type</label>
  <default>splunkd</default>
  <choice value="splunkd">splunkd</choice>
  <choice value="splunk_web_access">splunk_web_access</choice>
  <choice value="splunkd_ui_access">splunkd_ui_access</choice>
</input>

I know this was an old question, but I was seeking the same answer, so maybe this will save someone else some time. 🙂

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The link is only applicable for dashboard created using Web framework and not for Simple xml.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...