Dashboards & Visualizations

Query runs ok in dashboard but not in "New Search"

hamilton1979
Engager

Hi all,

I receive the following error when I try to run my query as a "New Search". The query runs fine without issue in my dashboard!

Error in 'eval' command: The expression is malformed. Expected ).

I've copied my query in below, replacing what could be deemed sensitive data with XXXXX.

index=XXXXXX sourcetype="XXXXXXXXX" uri_path = "/XXX/portal/screen/AjaxScreen/action/GetXXXXXX*" | bin _time span=10m | eval resp_time = mvindex(split(other," "),0) | eval resp_time_sec = (resp_time/1000000) | convert ctime(_time) as Time timeformat="%d%m %H"| stats perc50(resp_time_sec) as median_resp by _time | eval Critical = if(median_resp>4,median_resp,0) | eval Warning = if(median_resp>2.5 AND median_resp<=4 ,median_resp,0) | eval OK = if(median_resp<=2.5,median_resp,0) | table _time,Critical,Warning,OK

Could someone help shed some light why the behavior is different in the dashboard vs. Search?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@hamilton1979

Can you please share sample Panel code from your dashboard XML?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...