Dashboards & Visualizations

One dashboard for all Splunk users

b_chris21
Communicator

Hello,

I want to have one main dashboard for all Splunk Users. But I see that everytime that a user opens the dashboard, it creates as many searches as the panels, which is normal.

Is there a way to have a dashboard that automatically refreshes eg. every 5 minutes for all users in order to save resources?

Shall I save the searches as reports and put the reports in panels of the dashboard?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @b_chris21,

You have to create a scheduled report for each panel of your dashboard and link it to the dashboard.

In this way, also having many users, there's only one search for each panel executed by the scheduled report and no searches from the users.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @b_chris21,

You have to create a scheduled report for each panel of your dashboard and link it to the dashboard.

In this way, also having many users, there's only one search for each panel executed by the scheduled report and no searches from the users.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

b_chris21
Communicator

That's worked fantastic, grazie mille Giuseppe!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...