Dashboards & Visualizations

No results found. Inspect ...

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi,

I have a dropdown with the list of countries like IN, UK, KR,JP etc which is in COUNTRY field . Now , I have multiple dashboard panels for one of the panels data does not appear for IN COUNTRY and it is showing "No results found. Inspect .... But my requirement is instead of showing this message it should show "No data is there for IN Country".
Which every the Country I will select, if it does not find any data then it should throw a message like "No data is there for JP Country" ( If there is not data for JP Country )

Please help !!

Tags (3)
0 Karma

neelamssantosh
Contributor

In the xml source code it should be
Mentioned as

No data is there for $value$
Where value is IN country.

Hope it can help you.

0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

Where it should be mentioned , please give me the code snippet

0 Karma

neelamssantosh
Contributor

on the top left side(of screen) in the dashboard panel.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi abhayneilam,

take a look at this answer http://answers.splunk.com/answers/176466/how-to-use-eval-if-there-is-no-result-from-the-bas-1.html to get an idea how to achieve this.

cheers, MuS

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi MuS,

thanks for the prompt reply but this example is totally different from mine. my question is entirely different.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sure your question is different, but in the end it is the same: you want to display something if nothing was found in your base search, instead of the 'no results found ...' Message

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...