Dashboards & Visualizations

Json parsing

incoghnito_1
Engager

Hello ,
I realy hope you can help me !! 🙂
I have a json from API request (dynatrace).

I would like to have the value agent version for each host 

How can i do this ? 

My command : 

***index="dynatrace_hp" "agentVersion.major"="*" "agentVersion.major"="*" "agentVersion.minor"="*" esxiHostName="*" | stats values(esxiHostName, ) values(agentVersion.minor)***

Inkedtempsnip_LI.jpg

 Thx for you Help  !!! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @incoghnito_1 

Try the below SPL command

index="dynatrace_hp" "agentVersion.major"="*" "agentVersion.major"="*" "agentVersion.minor"="*" esxiHostName="*" | stats  values(agentVersion.minor) by esxiHostName

View solution in original post

incoghnito_1
Engager

thx for your help ! 
I have difficulty having the agents version for each hosts I am looking for the command to do this

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @incoghnito_1 

Try the below SPL command

index="dynatrace_hp" "agentVersion.major"="*" "agentVersion.major"="*" "agentVersion.minor"="*" esxiHostName="*" | stats  values(agentVersion.minor) by esxiHostName

incoghnito_1
Engager

works thx you very much have a good day ! 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @incoghnito_1,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @incoghnito_1,

let me understand: have you problems in field extractions or in the stats command?

in other words, if you run the main search (without the stats command), have you the fields to use in the stats command or not?

if not you could use the "spath" command or a regex to exctract the needed fields fields.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...