Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there any option to just link two dashboards without passing any values?

priyansplunk
Engager

Scenario-I have one main Dashboard name-Status,and i have another dashboard with all the details for that status named-Details.

Now if i click the Status Pie chart dashboard it should open my Details dashboard.I am not passing any values.All the search are configured separate in the Details Dashboard.

Let me know the Possibilty. Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

okrabbe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, you don't need to pass a parameter.

For example, in the panel for your pie chart you would do a drilldown and a link

<chart>
 <searchname> foo </searchname>
 <drilldown>
    <link target=_blank>/app/search/dashboardname</link>
  </drilldwon>
</chart>

You can see more information about how you can link here in the simple xml reference -
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#link

View solution in original post

bjoernjensen
Contributor

What you can do is edit your simple xml and use the set / unset token tags together with depends / rejects attributes of the content tags (table, map, etc.):
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/tokens

<row>
    <panel id="Status">
      <table>
        <drilldown>
          <set token="some_unused_token">$row.label$</set>
          <unset token="some_other-token"></unset>

<row>
    <panel id="Details">
      <table id="some_tab" depends="$some_unused_token$" rejects="$some_other_token$">  

okrabbe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, you don't need to pass a parameter.

For example, in the panel for your pie chart you would do a drilldown and a link

<chart>
 <drilldown>
    <link target=_blank>/app/search/dashboardname</link>
  </drilldwon>
</chart>

You can see more information about how you can link here in the simple xml reference -
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#link

tnesavich_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Minor but important correction, the above did not work in version 6.5.2 until I quoted the target as per the following.:

<chart>
  <drilldown>
     <link target="_blank">/app/search/dashboardname</link>
   </drilldwon>
 </chart>
0 Karma

priyansplunk
Engager

Thanks a Lot!!..Got the Right syntax from Doc link u shared!.Have a Nice day!

It should be "_blank"

0 Karma

priyansplunk
Engager

Simple and made me as dumb :(...Thanks!!

Is there any way to make that linked dashboard to open in New window or New Tab??..Bcs i want the main dashborad to be in open alwys!

0 Karma

okrabbe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, it is just like a standard HTML link.

/app/search/dashboardname
0 Karma

priyansplunk
Engager

_blank is not getting parsed...

0 Karma

priyansplunk
Engager

Yeah got that DashBoard linking.Now i want that second(Linked) dashboard to be opened in New tab of the Browser or New Window of Browser?...Because Now what happening is if i click the main Dashboard,,,second one is opening above that.I want the Main Dashboard to be visible always.

Thanks!

0 Karma

okrabbe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

ok, that is not showing up correctly in the reply so I will edit the original answer

0 Karma

priyansplunk
Engager

XML is not getting parsed for the below line.

/app/search/dashboardname

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...