Dashboards & Visualizations

Internal server error 500 on system/licensing- How to resolve?

kamihi
Engager

hi everyone! My Splunk is working correctly, but when I go to System -> Licensing the error 500 appears. On web_service.log

2023-04-26 19:10:48,078 ERROR   [644922d7bf7f21240ca510] __init__:370 - Mako failed to render:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/__init__.py", line 366, in render_template
    return templateInstance.render(**template_args)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mako/template.py", line 476, in render
    return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mako/runtime.py", line 883, in _render
    **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mako/runtime.py", line 920, in _render_context
    _exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mako/runtime.py", line 947, in _exec_template
    callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/layout/base.html", line 15, in render_body
    <%self:render/>
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/layout/base.html", line 21, in render_render
    <%self:pagedoc/>
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/layout/base.html", line 95, in render_pagedoc
    <%next:body/>
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/layout/admin_lite.html", line 92, in render_body
    ${next.body()}
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/licensing/overview.html", line 209, in render_body
    % if hard_messages['cle_pool_over_quota'] is not None and hard_messages['cle_pool_over_quota']['count'] is not None and hard_messages['cle_pool_over_quota']['count'] >= stack_table[0]['max_violations']:
KeyError: 'cle_pool_over_quota'

Do you have any ideas to troubleshoot this problem? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rabbidroid
Path Finder

Do you maybe have a lot of license messages? I've seen that triggering this issue.

0 Karma

jp2

Did you manage to solve this, seeing the same error on 9.1.1 while trying to investigate a license violation using a Developer License.

0 Karma

tiboryan
Observer

The same issue here with 9.0.5 as well.  (after upgrade)

0 Karma

dantimola
Communicator

I'm having the same error in version 9.0.4. Did you find a fix for this? 

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kamihi - Have you made any changes from the backend that could probably have broken this?

If no, you can probably contact Splunk Support to get help!!!

I hope this helps!!! Upvote is appreciated!!!

0 Karma

kamihi
Engager

no, nothing. My Splunk version is 9.0 . I really want to find the problem. Do you have any other ideas? 

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kamihi - Splunk support is the best bet in this situation then.

I hope this helps!!! Upvote is appreciated!!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...