Dashboards & Visualizations

How to set count for the alert condition

aditsss
Motivator

Hi Everyone,

I have one requirement.

I need to set one alert  when node response time is greater the 5000ms and that to 2-3 node response time should be greater then 5000ms.

I have taken one not sure how to take multiple count of node response time

Can someone guide me on that.

Below is my query:

index=abc ns=blazegateway (app_name=way-a)OR(app_name=way-b) (nodeUrl ="*") Trace_Id=* "*" | stats count by Trace_Id Span_Id ns app_name Log_Time caller nodeUrl nodeHttpStatus nodeResponseTime |rename caller as "Caller"|rename nodeUrl as "Node" |rename nodeHttpStatus as "NodeHttpStatus"|rename nodeResponseTime as "NodeResponseTime"| fields - count| |sort 10 -NodeResponseTime|where NodeResponseTime >5000

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @aditsss,
You can count multiple NodeResponseTime and apply conditions on the count.

index=abc ns=blazegateway (app_name=way-a)OR(app_name=way-b) (nodeUrl ="*") Trace_Id=* "*" | stats count by Trace_Id Span_Id ns app_name Log_Time caller nodeUrl nodeHttpStatus nodeResponseTime |rename caller as "Caller", nodeUrl as "Node", nodeHttpStatus as "NodeHttpStatus", nodeResponseTime as "NodeResponseTime" | fields - count | where NodeResponseTime >5000 | eventstats count(NodeResponseTime) as ncount | where ncount > 2 | fields - ncount

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @aditsss,
You can count multiple NodeResponseTime and apply conditions on the count.

index=abc ns=blazegateway (app_name=way-a)OR(app_name=way-b) (nodeUrl ="*") Trace_Id=* "*" | stats count by Trace_Id Span_Id ns app_name Log_Time caller nodeUrl nodeHttpStatus nodeResponseTime |rename caller as "Caller", nodeUrl as "Node", nodeHttpStatus as "NodeHttpStatus", nodeResponseTime as "NodeResponseTime" | fields - count | where NodeResponseTime >5000 | eventstats count(NodeResponseTime) as ncount | where ncount > 2 | fields - ncount

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...