Dashboards & Visualizations

Trying to get a distinct for this search query

JChapp23
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I'm a new splunk user and I'm trying to figure out how to get a distinct for the search query below.

Any suggestions wo

index=us_gssas_dev_app sourcetype="sql:database" Bot_Name="LoyaltyWaiver" NOT Input_File_Name="" OR Item_Status="Success" OR Item_Status="Exception" OR NOT Item_Status=* OR Item_Status=""
| stats count(eval(match(Input_File_Name,""))) as "Capacity" count(eval(match(Item_Status,"Success$$$$$$$$"))) as "Success" count(eval(match(Item_Status,"Exception$$$$$$$$"))) as "Exception"
count(eval(match(Item_Status," "))) as "WIPF"
count(eval(match(Item_Status, ""))) as "Processed" by Input_File_Name | eval Final_Processed=(Processed - WIPF) | eval WIP=(Capacity - Success - Exception) | eval Success_Percentage=(Success/Capacity)*100 | eval Success_Percentage= round(Success_Percentage, 0) | eval Success_Percentage = Success_Percentage + " %" | table "Input_File_Name" "Capacity" "Success" "Exception" "WIP" "Final_Processed" "Success_Percentage"

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Get a distinct what?  To get a distinct count of something, use the dc function in stats.  To get a list of distinct values, use the values function in stats.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

JChapp23
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I'm trying to get a distinct count, but on the search query, but it's not giving me what I'm expecting to see. If I run this search I get total event count of 198, but when I add the dc, values, etc. it only displays 2.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Distinct count of *what*?  Please share the query you're using.

---
0 Karma

JChapp23
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Below is the query and a distinct on "Input_File_Status" or whatever will display within the query a distinct value.

index=us_gssas_dev_app sourcetype="sql:database" Bot_Name="LoyaltyWaiver" NOT Input_File_Name="" OR Item_Status="Success" OR Item_Status="Exception" OR NOT Item_Status=* OR Item_Status=""
| stats count(eval(match(Input_File_Name,""))) as "Capacity" count(eval(match(Item_Status,"Success$$$$$$$$"))) as "Success" count(eval(match(Item_Status,"Exception$$$$$$$$"))) as "Exception"
count(eval(match(Item_Status," "))) as "WIPF"
count(eval(match(Item_Status, ""))) as "Processed" by Input_File_Name | eval Final_Processed=(Processed - WIPF) | eval WIP=(Capacity - Success - Exception) | eval Success_Percentage=(Success/Capacity)*100 | eval Success_Percentage= round(Success_Percentage, 0) | eval Success_Percentage = Success_Percentage + " %" | table "Input_File_Name" "Capacity" "Success" "Exception" "WIP" "Final_Processed" "Success_Percentage"

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your use of "distinct value" makes me think we have different understandings of what that means.  What do you wish to do with this distinct value?

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's New in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403! Analysts can ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...

Edge Processor Scaling, Energy & Manufacturing Use Cases, and More New Articles on ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...