Dashboards & Visualizations

How to host a Splunk dashboard somewhere so that the users can see the dashboard upon clicking a link?

nikhilp23

I am preparing to build a real-time analytics dashboard for my clients on the Business side. Is it possible that they can see the dashboard via a link and have no splunk knowledge/software beforehand?

Please help me out here, as I have only introductory knowledge in Splunk and I'll only dive deep, if there are possibilities.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jluo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You could embed a series of reports using iframes, and put those on an internal page so that it's still protected.

View solution in original post

vasu0494

How to host a Splunk dashboard somewhere so that the users can see the dashboard upon clicking a link?
Same situation occurs to me, in my web browser there are some emails will be displayed when owner clicks on specific email, It has to navigate to splunk URL with email ID as filter parameter and current date filter parameter. So when he redirected to splunk he can see the only User data instead of whole data ?
please help me... thank you

0 Karma

jluo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You could embed a series of reports using iframes, and put those on an internal page so that it's still protected.

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are lots of ways, but the method you should use depends primarily on what security you need and what you want them to be able to do with the dash.

If you want them to be able to dive down into the data, and you don't care about security, then you set up the dash so that it runs queries under some specific service account.

On the other hand, if they don't need to dive at all, and you need to limit what they can get to, then you might be better off sending a pdf, or sending a link to a dash that depends on a periodic scheduled search (again under a service account).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...