Dashboards & Visualizations

How to get dashboard token value from input to another input?

igne
Observer

I've got a dashboard where i want to append multiple searches together based on checkbox inputs, but the variables aren't resolving?  I can get conditional tokens to set the entire firewall_search string,  but I don't want to have to setup all the available options if i can just get the variables to use their value instead of the variable.
Summary - I am asking for $src_ip$ and then trying to use that in a checkbox token value, nested in another variable, but it doesn't resolve the nested variable, and instead i just get the $src_ip$ name
example xml
<input type="text" token="src_ip">
  <label>Source IP</label>
</input>
<input type="checkbox" token="firewall_search">
  <label>Firewalls</label>
  <choice value="append [search index=index1 src_ip=$src_ip$  other_specific_search_Stuff_to_index1 ]">firewall 1</choice>
<choice value="append [search index=index2 src_ip=$src_ip$  searches_different_from_1 ]">firewall 2</choice>
<delimiter> | </delimiter>
</input>
</fieldset>
<row>
<panel>
<title>dependent search</title>
<table>
<search>
<query>$firewall_search$ | stats count by index, src_ip, otherfields</query>
<earliest>$time_pick.earliest$</earliest>
<latest>$time_pick.latest$</latest>
</search>

When i run that, $firewall_search$ resolves to the choice value listed, but doesn't resolve $src_ip$ to the value set in the form

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try it like this

<input type="checkbox" token="firewall_search">
      <label>Firewalls</label>
      <choice value="search index=index1 other_specific_search_Stuff_to_index1">firewall 1</choice>
      <choice value="search index=index2 searches_different_from_1">firewall 2</choice>
      <valuePrefix>| append [ </valuePrefix>
      <delimiter> </delimiter>
      <valueSuffix> src_ip=$src_ip$ ]</valueSuffix>
    </input>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...