Dashboards & Visualizations

How to find out who uses my Dashbaords?

sumarri
Path Finder

So, in my organization, I have have created many dashboards, but I want to know if they actually view them and how often and which roles are using/viewing them. Is is possible to get these stats from dashboards? This will be very helpful for me and my team in the future. 

Thank you. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have access to the _audit index, run this search

index=_audit host="*" sourcetype=audittrail action=search (info=granted OR info=completed OR info=canceled) provenance=UI:dashboard*
| rex field=provenance "UI:[Dd]ashboard:(?<dashboard>.*")
| timecart count by dashboard

Note that if the provenance has D for dashboard, it is a classic Simple XML dashboard studio dashboard whereas if it's a lower case d, it is a dashboard studio dashboard.

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have access to the _audit index, run this search

index=_audit host="*" sourcetype=audittrail action=search (info=granted OR info=completed OR info=canceled) provenance=UI:dashboard*
| rex field=provenance "UI:[Dd]ashboard:(?<dashboard>.*")
| timecart count by dashboard

Note that if the provenance has D for dashboard, it is a classic Simple XML dashboard studio dashboard whereas if it's a lower case d, it is a dashboard studio dashboard.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be able to search for the dashboard name(s) in the _audit index.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Customer Experience | Splunk 2024: New Onboarding Resources

In 2023, we were routinely reminded that the digital world is ever-evolving and susceptible to new ...

Celebrate CX Day with Splunk: Take our interactive quiz, join our LinkedIn Live ...

Today and every day, Splunk celebrates the importance of customer experience throughout our product, ...

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...