Dashboards & Visualizations

How to display a static text or string in dashboard panel and change background color of same panel based on some value?

zeespl
Explorer

I want to have just static text or string in dashboard panel. The background color of same panel should change based on some other field value?

I can see there is one single digit panel but that display digit and change color based on that. I want text to be displayed instead of digit.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@zeespl please add more details on the query which fetches the single value and the value for its color.

Do add example of some sample data and expected behavior. Mock screenshot would also be useful for the community to assist you.

zeespl
Explorer

I have two fields host and city. Host have two values, like x and y. I want x and y to be associated with background color.

So i want to create a panel where in center i just have the city name and its background color change based on x and y.

If it is x, background color should be green.
If it is y, background color should be orange.

Its easy to do it with single value panel. But that will show the digit and i want city name.

0 Karma

zeespl
Explorer

@niketnilay, Would you please advise on above details provided.

0 Karma

msivill_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Some Custom visualizations from Splunkbase could help here

Either of the following should be able to do what you are asking for.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...